By quality food products
Dry red chillies, broken
2 to 3
Coriander leaves, Chopped
Garlic, roughly chopped
6 to 7 cloves
- Seedless tamarind : 1 tbsp
- Tomato, chopped : 1
- Curry leaves : 4-5 sprig
- Asafoetida : 2 pinch
- Turmeric powder : ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- Dry red chillies, broken : 2 to 3
- Coriander leaves, Chopped : 2-3 sprig
- Oil : 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds : 3 tsp
- Whole black pepper : 2 tsp
- Garlic, roughly chopped : 6 to 7 cloves
- Salt : as required
- Soak the tamarind in 1/2 cup warm water for 20 to 30 mins.
- Squeeze the pulp from the soaked tamarind. Strain and keep aside.
- Powder the cumin seeds, whole black pepper and garlic to a semi-fine consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Crackle the mustard seeds.
- Add the curry leaves, red chillies & asafoetida and fry for some seconds till the red chillies deepen their colour.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes soften.
- Add the cumin, black pepper and garlic mix along with turmeric powder.
- Stir and then add the tamarind pulp.
- Add water and stir well.
- Season with salt.
- Let the Rasam come to a slow boil
- Switch off the fire and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Rasam hot with cooked rice.