By quality food products
Jack fruit Ripe, de-seeded and chopped
- Jack fruit Ripe, de-seeded and chopped : 8 cups
- Jaggery : 4 cups
- Ghee : 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder : 1 tsp
- Grind jackfruit pieces in a mixer grinder to a paste and cook it in a heavy bottomed pan or an ‘Uruli’ and put it on a low flame.
- Crush the jaggery and add it into the jackfruit paste.
- Stir the mixture and let the jaggery melt down compleately.
- Stir continuously so that the mixture won’t get burnt, stir till it becomes thick and sticky.
- Add ghee little by little and stir continuously over medium-low flame until you get a dark brown colored thick jam.
- Add the cardamom powder, stir it into the Jackfruit jam.
- Remove from fire and let it cool to the room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container and Enjoy!!