NURUKKU GOTHAMBU PAYASAM
By quality food products
Coconut milk, Randampaal
Coconut milk, Onnampaal
- Broken Wheat : 1½ cup
- Ghee : 1 tbsp
- Jaggery : 350 gm
- Coconut milk, Randampaal : 2 cup
- Coconut milk, Onnampaal : 1 cup
- Jeera powder : 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder : 1 tsp
- Raisins : 8-10
- Cashews : 8-10
- Coconut slices : as needed
- Salt : A pinch
- Cook the broken wheat until soft
- Drain the extra water and set aside.
- Put a heavy bottom pan or an uruli on medium flame
- Once the pan is hot, add ghee and fry the sliced coconut pieces, cashews and raisins for a minute and set them aside.
- In the remaining ghee, fry the cooked broken wheat for a few minutes.
- Now add jaggery powder and stir till it gets thickens in medium-low flame.
- Add coconut milk - Randampaal, jeera powder, and cardamom powder. Stir until the mix becomes thick.
- Add coconut milk - Onnaampaal and a pinch of salt, stir well.
- Cook for a minute and switch off the flame.
- Garnish the payasam with fried cashews, coconut pieces, and raisins.